- Insite Architects and Interior Designers (hereinafter referred to as INSITE) has its Office at 17 Eridge Road, Forest Town, Johannesburg, South Africa.
- The Protection of Personal Information Act, No. 4 of 2013 requires that when processing Personal Identifiable Information, a Responsible Party should give effect to the constitutional right of Data Subjects (the person from whom information is being collected) to privacy by safeguarding Personal Identifiable Information subject to justifiable limitations that are aimed at balancing the right to privacy against other rights particularly the right of access to information, the protection against the unlawful collection, retention, dissemination and use of personal information.
- INSITE pledges its commitment to protecting the Data Subject’s privacy and ensuring their Personal Identifiable Information is used appropriately, transparently, securely and in accordance with applicable laws.
- INSITE will only collect and process personal information in line with the purpose for which you provided to us, or to enable us to comply with the requirements of specific laws that we are governed by.
- INSITE may also process your personal information in order to protect your or our legitimate interests. INSITE will not collect and process personal information about you that we do not need for this purpose. The general purposes for which INSITE collects and processes your personal information include, but are not limited to:
- Creating a record of you on our system in order to verify your identity;
- Provide you with the services you have applied for;
- communicate with other professional service providers with a view to gathering additional information as an input to the services which we provide;
- Identifying you and verifying your physical address and similar information;
- Where you are a supplier to INSITE, we also process your personal information for due diligence, risk assessment, administrative and payment purposes.
- INSITE will not process your special personal information unless:
- You have, where required by POPIA, consented to INSITE processing it, or
- It is necessary to exercise or defend a right or obligation in law, or
- It is necessary to comply with an international legal obligation of public interest, or
- It is for certain historical, research or statistical purposes that would not adversely affect your privacy, or
- You have deliberately made your information public.
- There is some personal information that you would have to supply if you want INSITE to provide you with a service or onboard you as an account holder, employee, supplier, director or job applicant. This information can be provided in writing, electronically or telephonically, and must be accurate and complete. If INSITE does not receive the necessary personal information, we will not be able to continue with your application. If you are already a customer, employee, supplier or director and INSITE asks you for this information and you do not provide it, INSITE will have to suspend the provision of the services for a period of time, or as the case may be, even terminate our relationship with you.
- In most cases, personal information will be collected directly from you, but there may be other instances when INSITE will collect personal information from other sources. These may include public records; places where you may already have made your personal information public; or individuals whom you have appointed as your representative, where you are a juristic person. INSITE will only collect your personal information from other sources where we are legally entitled or obliged to do so, and you are entitled to enquire from INSITE as to the sources from which your personal information has been collected, should you so wish.
- For the purposes outlined in the abovementioned paragraph 10, INSITE will, in most instances, collect and process your personal information internally. However, there are times when INSITE needs to outsource these functions to third parties, either within INSITE or external to INSITE. Where your personal information is shared internally within and, such sharing will be carried out only for the purposes outlined in paragraph 10. INSITE may also need to share your personal information with external organizations such as engineers, building contractors, council application facilitators and other suppliers. INSITE will not share your personal information with third parties who do not need your personal information, or where INSITE is not legally permitted to do so. When INSITE decides to transfer your personal information to third parties, we will only provide it to organizations that have the same data privacy policies as INSITE or those who are subject to laws relating to the processing of personal information that are similar to those that apply to INSITE.
- There may be instances where INSITE will process your personal information through a secure automated tool.
- As a customer, if you have ‘opted in’ for receiving electronic marketing communications (via electronic media such as SMS or email), INSITE will market to you using electronic media. However, if you are receiving marketing via electronic media, you have the right to opt out at any time by following the instructions on our website. INSITE will continue to market to you using electronic means until such time you have opted out.
- reserves the right to amend this statement at any time. All amendments to this statement will be posted on the website. Unless otherwise stated, the current version shall supersede and replace all previous versions of this statement.
- If you have a complaint relating to the protection of your personal information, including the way in which it has been collected or processed by INSITE, please contact the INSITE Information officer – details as listed below. If you have not had your complaint dealt with satisfactorily, you may lodge a complaint with the Information Regulator (South Africa) in terms of POPIA.
|INSITE ARCHITECTS JOHANNESBURG||INSITE ARCHITECTS CAPETOWN||THE INFORMATION REGULATOR (SOUTH AFRICA)|
|Physical Address||17 Eridge road, Forest town, Johannesburg, 2193||20 Delaire street, Van Riebeekshof Capetown, 7530||33 Hoofd Street, Forum III, 3rd Floor Braampark, Braamfontein, Johannesburg|
|Tel||+27 832934016||+27 83 2720780||No landline available|
|Fax||No landline available|
|Name||Jennifer Aspoas||Thelouise van der Merwe||www.justice.gov.za/inforeg|